Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Review of 2009 Reading.....

I have decided that I want to tally up all the reading I have done this year...  and post it here on my blog!!!  Before 2009, I had not done very much "leisure" reading....  I read mostly non-fiction, and it wasn't on a regular basis...  I must say that getting a large Amazon.com gift card for Christmas in 2008 from my mothers-in-law really changed that...  I decided to order some fiction books...  just some simple cutesy stuff...  Books 1-3 of The Princess Diaries Series and then Twilight since I had just heard so much of the hype....  well that turned my world upside down as I quickly became addicted once again to the world of reading I LOVED as a child and teen... 

2009 Statistics...

Total Books Read:  86
Books Started but not finished:  2  (Uglies by Scott Westerfeld  and Waiter Rant by Steve Dublanica)
Total Number of Pages Read:  28,089

Of course none of this takes into account the pages read to Brady Kyan and the number of books read to him!!!  Nor does it count time spent reading The Bible which I am proud to say I did more this year than in a long while, along with other books to help understand various parts of The Bible...  I also hope to increase this time spent reading The Bible in 2010...

One of my Christmas gifts from Jason was a book journal which I plan to fill this year!!! 

Happy Reading in 2010...  and feel free to post your 2009 stats in your comment!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Jacki! :D

    I've never kept up with how many books I read in a year, but after seeing that LOTS of people do...I'm gonna join in for 2010.

    I have an award for you here:
    http://sugarandgrits.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-awards-from-2009.html

    ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete