Monday, November 30, 2009

Random Excitement: An email from Julie Linker!!!

So last week I read Crowned by Julie Linker....  I finished it on Thanksgiving...  I needed a good cozy light read, and this book REALLY fit the bill...  after the past week I had, I just wanted something I KNEW would make me smile...  so after I finished it, I wanted to see if Julie had anymore works in progress, so I visited her website...  (http://julielinker.com/  be sure to check it out) while there I left her a message telling her that even though I'm a 30 year old Mommy, I just adored Crowned...  if you haven't read it, and are a fan of YA, you really should!!!  Well, today, to my surprise, I received an email back from Julie!!!!!!!!  And not only is she a great author of YA books, she is SUPER NICE and seemed truly thrilled to receive my message...  which I shall now share with all of my wonderful followers... (all 7 of you).....
Jacki,
 A real, live adult!! I'm printing this email out and putting it in my scrapbook. You are the first grown up person to ever contact me (although who knows--some of the 13 year old "girls" who write may actually be creepy guys in prison, lol). I'm so glad you liked Crowned! That makes me feel really good because I wanted to slit my wrists when I was writing it (not really, but you know what I mean). I love Geek Girls Guide too! Plus, I met Charity (one of the co-authors) at a conference and we've e-mailed some and she's really nice so that made me like it that much more. Sometimes I meet other authors who, um, aren't exactly as nice as they could be and then I just can't like their books, no matter how good they are.

Also, Charity and Darcy (the other Geek Girl co-author) and I have the same editor, which is probably why the books reminded you of each other. :)

Thank you again for writing--it made my day!

Julie

I hope you will all check out Julie's website and also her awesome books!!!  She really made my day!!!

1 comment: